Thursday, June 28, 2007

Letting Go

My oldest daughter (17 ) is leaving on a trip tomorrow by plane to the northeast to go on a retreat and visit friends. She is my left and right hand and it is so hard to snip that apron string. As a parent you vascillate between being so proud of the independence your children show and letting them take off and spread their wings-- to do things on their own without your immediate safety net. She is a smart girl, independent, and wise beyond her years in many ways. Yet she is also young and naive and believes in the best in people. I, am a control-freak. Pray for her and her safety, and for me and my sanity. All will be well.

1 comment:

Pope'smymiddlename said...

Of course all will be well--She is a very grounded young lady--and this is a good step--however large--Remember, 17 year old girls are much more level headed than 17-25 year old boys! (hah) I am proud of BOTH of you for going on this journey--(her for going and YOU for letting her go...) Give her a HUGE hug for me--and post some pics when she gets back!

love you guys!!

lee