Monday, June 25, 2007

Finally, I have a glass of wine and some time of my own on the computer. Pope's My Middle Name has so far done a much better job of writing on my own blog than I have done. But for those of you who are curious, she happens to be the second sister of "2 Sisters Wineblogging". We are great friends, my sister and I , and I feel so incredibly blessed to have her. We cannot often sit and drink some wine together so this site was created as our time to chat and sip. But I will also utilize this blog to let some of the thoughts and feelings that build up and have nowhere to land come out for air. Some will be deep, some not so much, and probably some will be just a little strange--what can I say-- it's in the genes-eh, Pope? Where to begin? The story by Pope in my comments section was so great and just like my sister to talk to anyone about anything in truth and love. I am more of an observer. One of my observations was one I shared with my fifteen year old son. I took him to Confession at a downtown Church in Cincinnati ( one of those " I can't believe you did that and now you have to go to confession before Mass conversations with my son")While waiting for him in the car across the street from the Church, I saw a young man in his 20's who obviously worked downtown walk up to the Church to go to the noon Mass. I was already impressed that a man of his age would take the time to go to Mass during his lunch hour. About 20 feet away, a homeless man was sitting, with a small basket for money beside him. I watched unobserved as this young man paused for just a moment then got out his wallet and walked over the homeless man and gave him several dollars. There was no one around. A true act of charity. A true example of seeing Christ in someone and being Christ for someone else. I shared that incident with my son when he came back to the car. I told him that I wanted him to be that young man, I expected him to be Christ to others. I also try to remind myself that I need to be as Christ would be as well. What a wonderful world it would be-- God bless!

3 comments:

Pope'smymiddlename said...

WooHOO!! Love the wine bottle and glass!--very classy!!!Just like You! And you are right--you are more of the observer--of course when you are not observing your 7 children!! How many pairs of eyes do you really have?

a thorn in the pew said...

That was a cool lesson. It also takes a dedicated mom to drive downtown for confession :)

Pope'smymiddlename said...

hey sissy--go visit my site at
http://toswb.blogspot.com/

how do I add your link to my page?